Monday, December 27, 2010

Top 10 Tween Must Haves: #5 Velour Jogging Suit

Up until now you've probably never heard any stylist say anything about a jogging suit (outside of hip-hop anyway), but I keeps it real.  So, while most stylist bar this from their vocabulary, we all know joggers make life easy.  My love for velour jogging suits began when I bought one for my son, and figured out a quality grade of velour didn’t need to be ironed, and this fabric hold its color wash after wash after wash. So, if we forgot to check the weather and it's storming out, or we wake up late with no time to iron; this 60 second slip on option was always a great back up for my daughter and me.


 Even the richest and best dressed tween can add a little athletic swagger to their wardrobe and keep' um guessing, "What'll she wear next?"  May I suggest buying at least one, and if you're very athletic or in a dance group two.  For those who have no budget or can sew you may opt for a complete ensemble with a jacket, pant, short, skirt, dress, and top (great for cruises too).  This will keep the look fresh and unique every time you wear it.  Again you want to keep this look as plain as possible to get more wear as you mix-n-match it with current trends, with stuff in your closet, and with the other items on the Top 10 Tween Must Haves list.  If you buy more than 1, then you can mix-n-match the two colors together, or pick a second one with a little detailing at the collar and/or cuffs to liven it up a bit.  Warning:  Never buy too tight velour... just looks stank!

You can wear an array of tank's and T's with the jogger.  Be sure to pair with lots of necklaces or bangles for fun. Also, instead of tucking in the shirt, leave it out over the top of your bottoms, and add a skinny or double belt at the waist.  Now, I'm no fan of girlie shoes and/or heels with jogging suits (makes you look like you're trying way too hard).  It's also one of those video looks that doesn't look good on the street.  There are plenty of unique sneakers to choose from.  I prefer Tim's or K-Swiss myself, and my daughter likes Pastry's.

One rule of thumb I always try to live by is if you're dressing down, the hair must be absolutely on point.

???'s = tweenstylist@live.com or twitter.com/tweenstylist

Bona fide groovy yet easy look!
L

No comments: