Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top 10 Tween Must Haves: #10 Dress

I was a huge tomboy growing up, and while I loved being fashionable at a very early age, I couldn’t fully appreciate dresses until adulthood.  However, I did think they were very pretty, and as long as I had a pretty one to wear, I never fought when I was told I had to wear them.  My rule of thumb is, if you have to wear anything you might as well look good wearing it.  Now, I adore dresses and can’t imagine my life without them, especially since we’re passed the slips and stockings era (so uncomfortable).  Fashion 09’ brought back lengthy, ground scraping dresses and they are my absolute favorite, and I’ve been gliding around in them since the early nineties… makes me feel like a queen. 

 

So, look out 2011’, girlz rule and boys drule:-p  This winter try rock’n last summer’s sack dress, shift dress, trapeze dress, or a sundress under your cardigan, cropped jacket, or blazer from the Top 10 Tween Must Haves list.  For all you budget busters who have spent all your money, marry thick sweater tights, knee high boots, and the black turtleneck under or over the dresses to stretch your favorite summer looks further into winter.  For those of you who are looking to spend Christmas money, try finding a long-sleeved shirt, denim, or velvet dress to kick off 2011 right.  Sweater dresses are probably the coziest during winter, and have been in stores more and more over the last 2 or 3 years.  If you don’t like wearing dresses, but that’s the only thing you and you parents are at odds over, do yourself a favor and just wear one every now and then to make them happy.  Pick and choose your battles gilrz!




Tip:
1.      If you’re built like Beyonce or Angelina Jolie… don’t look like a call girl; put too short or mini dresses over jeans.  My daughter always has and still gets rave reviews everywhere she sports this look.

2.      Don’t know how to iron very well, try getting an inexpensive travel steamer.  Helps a lot with all those poet and ruched sleeved shirts too.






???’s or feedback = tweenstylist@live.com or

                              twitter.com/tweenstylist
       
                   L


   



No comments: